Installing a solar power system has never been more affordable and accessible in Australia. The benefits of installing solar panels on the roof of your home or business are endless. Solar energy and the use of solar power has had a positive impact not only financially for its consumers but has also helped immensely in reducing our carbon footprint. Australia has seen a noticeable increase in solar enquiries as people become more educated with the benefits of switching to solar power and the freedom it provides from relying on the grid. Pairing a solar power system with a solar battery has made this “freedom” even more evident.
Solar power is a great alternative to traditional sources of power that use fossil fuel for the generation of electricity.
People across Australia are realizing the harmful effects of relying on fossil fuel can have on their pockets as well as on the environment. Generating electricity with the use of non-renewable sources is not only bad for the environment but is also very expensive. Here are some things to keep in mind about the harmful effects of relying on fossil fuel for your energy needs –
- Burning fossil fuels releases greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane, leading to global warming and climate change.
- Fossil fuel extraction and transportation can cause air and water pollution, leading to respiratory diseases, cancer, and other health issues.
- Oil spills and leaks from pipelines and tankers can cause environmental damage to land, water, and marine life.
- Fossil fuel production requires large amounts of water and land, leading to habitat destruction and displacement of indigenous communities and wildlife.
- Dependence on foreign oil can lead to geopolitical tensions and conflicts.
- Fossil fuel prices are subject to fluctuations due to market demand and political instability, leading to price volatility and uncertainty in energy markets.
- Fossil fuel use contributes to energy insecurity and vulnerability to supply disruptions during natural disasters, geopolitical conflicts, or economic crises.
Solar power on the other hand only requires an initial investment with close to no maintenance costs once the solar panels and inverter are installed. Australia is a great location for installing solar powered systems as it receives a favourable amount of sunlight throughout the year. Solar panels only require uninterrupted sunlight (without shade from trees, other buildings, etc.) to generate electricity.
Incentives to go solar in Australia
There are many financial benefits of going solar in addition to the positive impact this source of power has on our environment. There are various financial incentives offered by the Government of Australia through the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme, where you are issued with tradable certificates for eligible solar PV systems. Through this initiation of the government, installing solar panels has become very affordable over the recent years. The Queensland Government’s regional feed-in tariff pays eligible customers for electricity generated and exported to the grid from their solar PV system. So not only can you generate your own power through the installation of a solar PV system but you can also earn credit for all the excess power your system generates and you end up not consuming.
Contact Austra Solar today for installing a solar power system in Australia and start saving!