A solar battery is an innovative technology designed to expand the use of sunlight to shift our dependence on a sustainable power source. This development made in the world of solar technology has proved to be extremely beneficial for all installations made in Sydney, NSW. Pairing a solar battery with a solar power system can help you save even more while granting you complete freedom from having to rely on the grid for your power needs. Solar batteries store all the excess energy produced by a solar PV system. The system’s panels absorb energy from the sun and convert it to electricity which then passes through the inverter for your home to use. A battery is an additional component that can be installed in addition to your solar power system in Sydney, NSW to allow you to store energy produced from your panels and use the energy at a later time, such as in the evening when your panels are no longer producing energy or when there are any power outages.
Installing a solar battery in Sydney, NSW has proven to be a great addition to a solar power system as it works to provide excellent energy storage which contributes towards a number of different benefits- from emergency backup power when the grid fails to exponential financial savings! However, making the decision to install a solar battery in Sydney, NSW for your system may bring a few technical complications. Here are some of the things to focus on and look for when purchasing a solar battery in Sydney, NSW : –
- When as the homeowner your main aim is to power more of your home at once it is important to look for a battery with a high power rating while observing the brand specs of different solar battery options.
- It is important to be clear of your main goal you wish to achieve by installing a solar battery. If your focus is to be able to power a more energy-intensive appliance like an air conditioner, look for a battery with a high instantaneous power rating in the solar batteries’ brand specs.
- If your main aim is to go for longer duration without having to use the grid for your power needs when there is no sunlight to keep generating more power, look for a battery with a higher usable capacity in the brand specs for the solar battery model.
- When the main focus of the homeowner is to get the most out of every kilowatt/hour of electricity that is put into the solar battery throughout the day, look for batteries with a higher roundtrip efficiency in the brand details for the solar battery model
- Some homeowners have limited space available for keeping these solar batteries due to space constraints. If your main focus is to get the most amount of storage out of the least amount of space, look for lithium-ion nickel manganese cobalt (NMC) batteries
- Some interested solar battery buyers are mainly concerned about the longevity of the battery and in that case it is recommended look for lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries
- Some homeowners however are specifically focused on getting a solar battery with the absolute highest safety rating possible. In this case, it is recommended to look for LFP batteries. It is important to note that all solar batteries are designed to be very safe regardless.
In conclusion, there are several factors to consider when choosing the right solar battery for your home in Sydney, NSW. Contact Austra Solar for a free quote on a solar battery and to receive expert solar advice on the right solar battery for you based on your consumption.