For homeowners and businesses looking to embrace solar energy, choosing the right inverter can make a significant difference in terms of performance, reliability, and ROI. Among the many options available in the Australian market, Goodwe and Sungrow are two renowned brands that consistently find mention. But which one should you choose? In this article, we will delve deep into a comprehensive comparison between the two, based on my extensive experience working with leading brands in Australia’s solar industry.
- Goodwe: Established in 2010, Goodwe is a Chinese inverter manufacturer that has managed to create a strong reputation worldwide. With a diverse range of products spanning from home-based inverters to large-scale storage solutions, Goodwe caters to varied solar energy needs.
- Sungrow: Founded in 1997, Sungrow is another Chinese inverter brand but one with a longer history. As one of the world’s largest inverter manufacturers, Sungrow’s products are found in over 120 countries, and they have a rich product line catering to different segments of the market.
Performance & Reliability:
- Goodwe: Goodwe inverters are known for their efficient performance and robust build quality. Their inverters have a wide MPPT voltage range, which ensures maximum solar yield. Most models come with a conversion efficiency of over 98%, ensuring that most of the solar power is converted into usable electricity.
- Sungrow: Sungrow inverters also boast a high conversion efficiency, often rivaling Goodwe’s numbers. The brand is renowned for its reliability and is one of the top choices for large-scale solar projects worldwide.
- Goodwe: Goodwe’s inverter line-up is diverse, catering to small, medium, and large installations. Their DNS and SDT series are popular choices for residential installations, while the MT series suits commercial applications.
- Sungrow: With a broader experience in the solar industry, Sungrow’s product range is extensive. Whether it’s residential, commercial, or utility-scale projects, Sungrow has a solution. Their Crystal series is popular among homeowners, while the SG series is apt for larger installations.
Warranty & Support:
- Goodwe: Goodwe typically offers a 10-year warranty for its inverters,. Australian presence ensures that warranty claims and support are addressed promptly.
- Sungrow: Sungrow offers a standard 10-year warranty. Their vast global network ensures efficient after-sales service.
Innovations & Technology:
- Goodwe: Goodwe’s R&D efforts are commendable, resulting in innovative features like integrated export control and battery storage compatibility. Their recent inverters are also IoT-enabled, making system monitoring easier.
- Sungrow: Sungrow continually invests in research and development. Their hybrid inverters, which combine solar and storage, are a testament to their innovative approach. They also have advanced monitoring features, ensuring that users can keep tabs on system performance.
Both Goodwe and Sungrow offer competitive prices. The cost varies depending on the model and capacity. Typically, Sungrow is positioned slightly higher in terms of price, but their reputation often justifies the premium. Mentioned below are the prices for a 5kW single phase inverter available in both the brands.
- Goodwe- $750
- Sungrow- $1000
*price may vary depending upon location or availability in certain parts of Australia.
Both Goodwe and Sungrow have their merits. If you’re after innovation and a diverse product range, Goodwe might be the choice for you. However, if a longstanding reputation and vast global experience matter more, Sungrow could be the better option.
Ultimately, the decision between Goodwe and Sungrow boils down to individual project needs and personal preferences. Consulting with a local solar expert or distributor can provide insights tailored to your unique situation.
Note: The solar industry is dynamic, and technological advancements can lead to changes in product offerings. It’s advisable to keep an eye on the latest models and reviews before making a decision.
Finding Best Deals for Goodwe or Sungrow Inverters
Ready to go ahead with Goodwe or Sungrow Inverter? Reach out to Austra Solar for the best deals on solar inverter.