When it comes to selecting a solar inverter for your solar panel system, the choice isn’t always easy. With various brands in the market, it’s essential to pick the right one for your specific needs.
Today, we are pitting two big names against each other: Goodwe and Growatt. Both are well-recognised in Australia, with the likes of solarchoice.com.au and solarquotes.com.au featuring their products prominently. So, which of these brands is a better choice for your solar needs? Let’s dive into a detailed comparison.
|Price Range (AUD)||$750||$500|
|Efficiency||Approx. 97% - 98%||Approx. 97% - 98.4%|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
|Monitoring||Integrated, mobile app||Integrated, mobile app and web|
|Weight (in Kg)||13||10.8|
|Technical Support in Australia||Good, with local presence||Good, with local presence|
|Battery Compatibility||Compatible with many battery brands such as Tesla Powerwall, Enphase, AlphasESS etc.||Compatible with AlphasESS Smile, Tesla Powerwall, Enphase etc.|
|Special Features||Multiple MPPTs for flexibility, Anti-PID technology, etc.||Compact design, touch screen in some models, etc.|
|Reputation in Australia||Generally positive with increasing market share||Positive for budget inverters|
|Hotline||+61 3 9918 3905||1800 476 928|
Origin of Growatt and Goodwe inverters
Both Goodwe and Growatt originate from China, a country known for manufacturing a significant share of the world’s solar equipment.
It’s no surprise that some of the best solar inverters come from China, given their technological advancement in the solar industry.
Price Range :
- Goodwe: Priced at AUD $750, Goodwe is positioned as a mid-range inverter.
- Growatt: A tad cheaper at AUD $500, Growatt offers a budget-friendly option for those looking for value for money
Both inverters present a competitive efficiency level:
- Goodwe: Boasts an efficiency of approximately 97% to 98%. This efficiency ensures optimal energy conversion and reduces energy wastage.
- Growatt: A shade higher, with efficiency levels ranging from 97% to 98.4%, which means it might give you a bit more power for every watt of sunlight.
Reliability is crucial in solar inverters. Both Goodwe and Growatt score high in this category. Users have reported good performance and less frequent issues over the years.
Both brands come with a 10-year warranty, reflecting the confidence they have in their product longevity and quality.
- Goodwe: Offers integrated monitoring with a mobile app, making it easier for homeowners to track their solar performance on-the-go.
- Growatt: Takes it a step further by providing both a mobile app and web monitoring. This dual approach gives users more flexibility and access points to monitor their system.
Weight can play a role in the ease of installation:
- Goodwe: They offer lighter models, potentially making the installation process a tad simpler.
- Growatt: Known for generally light inverters, ensuring minimal hassle during installation.
Technical Support in Australia
Both brands have a strong presence in Australia and offer good technical support. Local presence means quicker solutions and less waiting time for any potential issues.
- Goodwe: Offers compatibility with many battery models, allowing homeowners a broader choice for storage options.
- Growatt: While it’s compatible, it’s more selective, being compatible with only certain battery models.
- Goodwe: Features like multiple MPPTs provide flexibility, especially for complicated roof structures. The Anti-PID technology ensures reduced module degradation. Goodwe has been garnering a generally positive reputation, with an increasing market share indicating its growing acceptance and trust among Australians.
- Growatt: Known for its compact design, which is aesthetically pleasing and space-saving. Some models even come with a touch screen for more straightforward operation. Reputation in Australia. Growatt is renowned for budget inverters, its reputation is positive, especially for those looking for a cost-effective solution.
Both Goodwe and Growatt are excellent choices, depending on your specific needs. If you value a broader battery compatibility and additional technological features, Goodwe might be the way to go.
On the other hand, if you’re on a budget and appreciate a compact design with web-based monitoring, Growatt could be your pick.
In any case, consulting with a local solar expert or provider can help tailor your choice to your unique situation.
Whatever you choose, you’re investing in a cleaner, greener future with either of these trusted brands.
Finding Best Deals for Goodwe or Growatt Inverters
Ready to go ahead with Goodwe or Growatt Inverter? Reach out to Austra Solar for the best deals on solar inverter.